Control:CNC » SIEMENS » SINUMERIK 840D
Used PROFIROLL Rollex HP Spline cold rolling machine
CNC control Siemens 840D SL
- Rolling force, infinitely variable: 20 ... 200 kN
- Stroke per rolling slide: 90 mm
- Rolling spindle axis over bed: 200 mm
- Distance between the rolling spindles
- min./ max. theoretical distance: 226/ 406 mm
- when using the centre rolling device: 246/ 406 mm
- Diameter of the rolling spindle: 120 mm
- length of the rolling spindles: 300 mm
- Swivel angle of the rolling spindle (horizontal): ± 0.3 grd.
- Rolling spindle speeds: 0 - 50 min-1
- max. torque per rolling spindle: 700 Nm
- Rolling tool outer diameter: max. 300 mm
Brief technical description
The ROLLEX HP is designed for rolling gears on rotationally symmetrical workpieces with a length of 50-800 mm. The gear teeth are rolled onto the workpiece with a rolling force of up to 200kN.
The workpieces are stored on an oval storage belt or transported via the hall interlinking into the loop of the conveyor system to the transfer position of the gear rolling machine.
transported. In the process, they are fixed onto workpiece carriers, which are separated and positioned in the transfer position.
The EWAB handling system removes a shaft from the workpiece carrier and deposits the previously rolled shaft. It then transports the blank to the transfer position of the point rolling device (SPIWA) of the rolling machine.
The workpieces are placed on the prisms of the SPIWA in the same direction. The workpiece lying on the prisms is clamped between the centre points and moved into the working area.
into the working area. Once the centre rolling device has reached the rolling position, the rolling process begins.
Afterwards, the SPIWA moves back to the starting position, the handling changes the workpieces and the machining cycle starts again.
During changeover, the workpiece supports must be set according to the tool plan, the tools and, if necessary, the clamping arms of the steady rest as well as the centring tips must be changed.
The energy-efficient Rollex HP enables the rolling of splines on rotor shafts for electric drives in passenger cars. The CNC control used, in combination with symmetrical round rollers, allows the production of gears of the highest quality, especially gears on hollow shafts, says Profiroll.
The Rollex gear rolling machine is a proven high-end variant for rolling components with the character of hollow parts or shafts with one or more splines. Characteristic features of this ROLLEX machine concept are:
- Special drive concept for gear rolling
- Targeted workpiece acceleration
- Multi-axis CNC control (Siemens basis)
- Two-slide design
- Graphical user interface
- High precision
- High degree of forming